Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Sunday, October 22, 2006

I've been duped

As I was driving to work at 9pm tonight, thinking dark thoughts about my job, I realized that there was a really good chance that I didn't need to be in the car.

Let me take a step back - Friday afternoon my boss calls me at home to ask where my performance appraisals are. I inform her that since they weren't due until next week they weren't done. She "corrects" me and says that they were due on the 18th. Me - confused and apologetic. Me - offers to go in on the weekend to finish them. Me - stupid.

As I'm driving to work I started to think (about 36 hours too late). Self appraisals weren't due until the 18th - you can't do an employees appraisal in the system until they have submitted their own appraisals... put two and two together and you know what there's no way that the manager assessments were due the same day. Crap.

Sure enough - comments not due until the 24th (the date I quoted to my boss) and the final ratings are not due until the 31st. I spent 15 minutes careful wordsmithing an email that told the boss that she was wrong and then went home. Could I have done my appraisals while I was there? Sure. But I didn't cause I didn't have to and this one's about the principle. I have been thinking about needing to do this ever since she called - I could have been thinking about more important things like do I have time to get rid of these telling grey roots, or do I have underwear in good enough shape for Dr. L. to see, or ...get my drift?

I felt so duped - I should know better than not to seriously question her. She's not great with details at times. That'll teach me to take the day off (the day she gave me off the record... thanks boss!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home