Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Obsessed

ob·sess ( b-s s , b-) Pronunciation Key v. ob·sessed, ob·sess·ing, ob·sess·es v. tr.
To preoccupy the mind of excessively.
v. intr.
To have the mind excessively preoccupied with a single emotion or topic: “She's dead. And you're still obsessing” (Scott Turow).


obsessed. (n.d.). The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Retrieved September 19, 2006, from Dictionary.com website:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=obsessed&x=10&y=2


Now that I have made up my mind that weight loss surgery (WLS) is a viable, and smart, option to dealing with what has been a life long battle I find that I am becoming more and more preoccupied with all aspects of the WLS experience. Based on the above definition I think I can safely say that I am obsessed. Informational websites, blogs, and support forums – I’m reading it all. I cannot go a day (maybe I should admit hour) without checking out some website. A favourite jump off site for me is Marybeth’s Attraversiamo. Her personal story is inspiring, her writing style is entertaining, but best of all she has compiled an impressive set of links to other resources that further feed my obsession.

I can’t help it. I know there are ramifications to spending this much time obsessing about it but I truly don’t have the ability to stop. I have tried. I wonder – does this obsessive quality in anyway tie into the process that earned me the label of morbidly obese. With a shudder I’ll push that thought aside for now – it’s likely to take me down a path that will kill any semblance of productivity that I have been able to pull together today.

My hope is that I am approved for this surgery quickly and in turn that the surgeon can get me in quickly… I would like to be able to move on from this obsession. Maybe my next obsession could be income producing. There’s a happy thought!

1 Comments:

  • Hi there! Thanks for your comment on my blog -- can you please find out the name of that miracle vitamin for me?

    Thank you so much,
    jessica

    By Blogger JessiferSeabs, At 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home