Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Ouch... that hurts!

Do you ever have days where you wonder whether you'll ever feel healthy, energetic and pain free again? There is a good chance that this entry is going to end up being a majestic whine... so get comfortable!

I hurt in oh so many ways. Some are weight related and some are not, all I know is that I hurt. Let's do an inventory...

1. my most immediate issue is my wrist/ forearm. I think I may have tendonitis - most likely from sitting here at this computer and playing with the wee ones tamagotchi's (someone has to keep them alive!)
2. my back. I found out recently that I have a herniated disk that is pinching a nerve. My only option is surgery. I'd rather wait for this surgery until after my WLS. In the meantime I run the gamut from a mild "ow" to total incapacitation.
3. my head. Maybe not pain but an exhaustion so deep that daily functioning seems painful at times... I am SO TIRED. I want to scream it but I don't think many people truly understand how debilitating this is.

Ok - maybe that isn't too bad. The one thing I would really like to get rid of is the sleep deprivation. I know I'm not sleeping well. The results of my sleep test should tell me how badly I am actually suffering. I cannot remember the last time I woke up not tired. I honestly do not remember what it is like to have energy. Sad. I am so sad and pathetic sometimes...lol. I have fallen asleep at the wheel of my car at traffic lights and more dangerously on the drives I make to see my London based team; I have fallen asleep at my desk; I have fallen asleep during a conference call to find no one there when I woke up; I have a sleep problem....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home