Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

One step on the path...

I did it... my journey towards a healthier me took a step forward today. I completed and mailed my OHIP forms ... there's no going back now. I believe the waiting period for a response is 4 - 6 weeks. I'm rooting for 4! I also sent in my pre consultation forms to the surgeon I will be using, should he accept me as a patient. The ball is definitely rolling.

What do I hope to achieve out of this surgery? So many things, a few that come to mind include

1. to be able to sit on plastic lawn furniture without breaking it
2. to be able to wear a life jacket so I too can go tubing down the river with my family
3. to be able to walk up 4 - 6 flights of stairs at the waterpark to participate in the fun
4. let's just make that participate in life - I really feel like an observer at the moment
5. to get rid of my sleep apnea which means that I may actually wake up and feel rested... I don't remember what that is like
6. to know that if my MS flares up I am strong enough to withstand the weakness that comes with it
7. to be a good example to my daughter... she's already at risk of obesity
8. to be comfortable in my skin
9. to wear clothes that do not have an X associated with it, unless it's lingerie that's XXX rated...lol
10. to live to see my children grow up

There's lots more, some too personal to share, some silly and some just weird but they are all a part of what makes me want to do this... in case you're wondering, number 10 means the most to me.

So now the count down begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home