Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Want to hear about my yesterday?

Well even if the answer is no, you're going to! So I fire a trainer but not without having a plan in place. One of our up and coming young stars from Burlington volunteered to go to Chelmsford for four weeks to support this class. At a days notice. Wow. So she gets on a bus at 5.30am to get down to the Buffalo airport - gets to the border and gets turned back. Apparently she is taking a job away from an Amercian blah blah blah. Ummm... no... her going down means that 10 Americans get trained to do the job they were starting on Monday. Her going down means that we have four weeks to recruit a replacement. Sheesh. Stupid power hungry custom dudes. We truly were trying to protect a group of new hires, not trying to pull a fast one.

The poor thing ended up back in the office. She was so flustered.

So that is how my day started, even before I walked in the door. Add in 9 different meetings all with distinct topics and trying to solve for this latest twist and I tell ya, by the end of the day I was done. Totally non functional. As a result I am way behind on some critical deliverables.

So in a few minutes I'll put Ms 8 to bed and then I'm going at it. It's cover the butt time. I've had my triple espresso shot power drink from Starbucks...I'm good to go baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home