Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tired.

That's how I feel. Through and through. My brain is tired. My body is tired. I am over worked and it's starting to show. LOL... what a change from just five months ago when I was worried about not working.

There are a lot of things on the go right now. My new team is taking a lot of my time. I need to learn their business. I need to be client facing. I need to deal with their issues. My training team is struggling with some of the internal relationships. They are feeling undervalued and under appreciated. I am exiting someone from the business tomorrow. He has decided that he will not lead a class that he is scheduled to start on Monday. WTF???

So tomorrow he's gone. I'm flying someone from another country (yes, Canada is another country) to spend 4 weeks away from her family to provide the coverage we need. She volunteered to go. What a difference in work ethic and integrity. Couple that with the fact that she is a very talented trainer - she's going to go a long way. He is going out the door.

This stuff makes me tired. I feel like pieces of my worlds are colliding and I don't have quite enough skill/influence/opportunity to stop this from happening. I'm managing fall out. I hate being in a reactionary mode. I prefer visionary. I am strategic by choice.

Oh well - time to go snooze on the sofa before heading to bed ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home