Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, March 08, 2008

I am SO over it...

Winter that is. As a transplanted Australian I usually get a kick out of winter. When it snows it truly transforms the landscape. It is quite beautiful. But when I have 6 ft snow piles at the bottom of my driveway thanks to what seems like bi weekly major storms it starts to get a little old. It is no longer beautiful. It is just white.

Today we've had at least 50 cm of snow. My arms ache from lifting above my shoulders. My legs hurt. My butt hurts. Good news is that my back does not. Yay weight loss! But everything else does hurt.

Tonight, after shovelling the last 15 - 20cm, I had hubby take some photo's. If they turn out I will post one shortly. It's like we're living on a weird white planet. It looks almost lunar. Whatever it is, I have had enough.

Now the waiting game starts. No, not waiting for spring. Waiting for the plough to come through. You just know it's not going to be pretty.

1 Comments:

  • Amen, sister...I guess I shouldn't complain too much since we don't have any snow to speak of ... although we did get flurries yesterday! I know, I know, but I, like you, had the pleasure of growing up in much warmer climates (desert southwest) and do NOT like cold weather anymore!

    I am praying for Mother Nature to smile upon us...

    By Blogger Tia L., At 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home