Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Scared to fly

I love to fly. Always have. I enjoy the take-offs and landings. I enjoy the gentle lullaby of the engines drone.

My flights to Boston and back are quick and painless.

What scares me, is flying to Australia. Not because of the distance. I've done the 24 - 36 hour trip many times before. This time however my travelling companion will be my DS.

I have no regrets at all about having this surgery. There are things I miss, like sleeping in, but I would happily give up sleep forever before I go back to living the life I had prior to my surgery. I was unhealthy and unhappy. I am neither now.

I am however fearful of what a trip home entails. My body will do it's thing with blatant disregard of location or international time clock. If my calculations are correct I would be about 2 hours into a 14 hour flight between LA and Sydney when I would have to start my morning "bathroom routine". I will need immediate access to a wash room. I may need it for twenty minutes... or more. The space is small and not well ventilated. It won't be pretty. I cannot carry on a spray bottle of oust. I am scared... more so for my fellow passengers than myself.

What a thing to have to worry about. For some reason though it has been playing on my mind. I guess I have a year to try and work this out since that is when I plan to fly super long distance next.

In case you're all wondering - it's not all about the bathroom issues. They are manageable within the norms of my daily life. In fact it's not an issue at all. This long distance flying thing... another story...

1 Comments:

  • I had not thought about this, but this is going to be an issue for me too! I want to travel to the Holy Lands (and several other places that are far away). Maybe we can petition the Oust company to many 3 ounce bottles. :)

    Tiffany

    By Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie, At 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home