Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Time Warp

Tonight we took Ms 8 to a movie in the park. The City of Burlington was piloting an outdoor movie event among the trees at Hidden Valley. The landscape is such that it provides a natural ampitheatre. Add a big screen and some you beaut speakers for a very good movie going experience.

As I was sitting there looking up at the stars I was transported back to a time when I looked up at a different sky. With different stars. Sitting in beach chairs at the university of Western Australia which played host to the Perth film festival. Drinking champagne and eating our picnic dinners while enjoying some of the best films that the world had to offer.

It was a ritual. Back then looking at the sky there simply were no limits. Life was good. There was nothing but possibilities in our stars and in our futures.

What I realized tonight is that that hasn't changed. The possibilities are still there for the taking we simply have to seize the opportunities and make things happen. Back then the opportunities came a little easier because we were the best of the best. The best of the unproven. People were willing to take a risk on our potential because the cost to them was minimal. Now we operate at a different level. The expectations are different. Theirs and mine. And that's ok. This time around I need to pave my own way.

Tonight as I looked at the stars I felt, for a moment, that wonderful feeling. The feeling of being able to do anything. This time I approach it with experience, wisdom and realistic expectations. This time I am more valuable than then. This time I can make a much bigger difference. The difference is that back then I didn't know it. I didn't let my experience hold me back. I let the opportunities guide me towards experiences. I've truly come full circle and it's time to find the confidence in my experiences to create and seize the opportunities.

I think I may have had an epiphany under the stars tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home