Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Friday, October 27, 2006

Tests and More Tests

Today was the day. The day marked by the auspicious event known as the annual examination. I know I dread this day - my blood pressure is always up when I first walk in. By the time I leave it's back at normal levels. It's like clock work, year in year out.

As part of my exam this year my PCP ordered all the tests that Dr L. needed. They took 10 vials of blood, and not little ones either! The lab work is so extensive that even my Dr. said that she had never ordered some of these before.

So... am I ready for surgery?

Chest Xray - check
Respiratory Function test - check
Sleep Apnea report - check
Blood work - check
EKG - check
Bone density test - Sunday morning and then check

Looks like I'm ready to go.

Oh and the good news - I've lost 7.5 of the 10 - 15lbs I need to lose before surgery. I know it's mostly water weight but whether it's water weight, light clothing, hair loss or the fact that I coughed up an organ, I'll take it. In my eyes 7.5lbs is a beautiful 7.5lbs!

1 Comments:

  • "...cough up an organ." You crack me up! You're well on your way -- I can't wait until we're both on the other side. :)

    By Blogger Donna, At 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home